Monday, April 11, 2011

Russian Food in Korea

 
   Goddamn, Russian food is great! A bunch of us just went out last night for Russian food in Dongdaemun. Dongdaemun is a part of Seoul that has a pretty large eastern European population. It's the perfect place to go for Russian munchies. Again... Goddamn! It's soooooo GOOD!
   I got "borscht". It was duh-lish! It's basically beet soup with spices and sour cream. It turns out to be pinkish when you mix the sour cream around. The flavor is salty and kind of sweet. It's not as earthy tasting as a straight up beet. Actually I don't like beets for that reason. That dirty flavor just kills me but this soup is actually a bit sweet. Salty and sweet- you can't beat that... Maybe pun intended.
   I also got cabbage rolls. They were awesome too. I don't know what spices they use in these babies but they were one of the best foods I've had in a long time. They were cooked perfectly. The cabbage on the outside wasn't tough at all. They were stuffed with ground beef and spices. All GOOD!
   Along with our food, we enjoyed some Russain beer and vodka. I guess it wouldn't be a true Russian experience without vodka. Fun fact- Russian beer is numbered. The higher the number- the darker the brew. Also, the higher the number- the higher the alcohol! The highest number is nine. Guess which one I got??? Oh yeah!
   Get out to Dongdaemun (if you're in Korea) and treat yourself to a hearty meal in a Russian restaurant. I'd tell you the name of our spot but I can't read Russian. My food was great and everyone I was with was raving about their food as well. We left the place stuffed and half drunk...maybe whole drunk. You should do the same. Have Fun.

1 comment:

  1. Check out the video about this awesome dining experience here- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fMfZTrAm0Q

    ReplyDelete